Monday, May 13, 2013

Math Curriculum

Of the math programs I have used, I will say that I have narrowed it down to two which  are my favorites.  Saxon and Teaching Textbooks.

If your child is a math enthusiast.  Or, if your child finds traditional math too easy and/or not very challenging then I would probably encourage the use of Saxon.  It has wonderful daily math drills, and is extensive.  It covers everything from time and  measurements to geometry from an early age.

Saxon does offer an accompanying Dive CD starting with the 5th grade level math.  The CD’s are designed to help your child's understanding by viewing lectures and offering extra practice.

I highly recommend the D.I.V.E. Cd’s with Saxon Math.  They cost around $50, and they are very helpful.

Saxon has a convenient free placement test that you can administer to your children to place them in the appropriate level to start.   I would advise this for everyone considering this math program.

The Price for Saxon Math is reasonable.

Older children's books can be re-sold if they are in good condition.  
I have Algebra 1 for sale on my website....hint....hint.

Warning: For some students Saxon may seem a little too rigorous.

In this case, see my blog on Teaching Textbooks math....tomorrow!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment