Sunday, May 12, 2013

Hi, my name is Camille and I am a homeschooling Mom of 8 years and 5 children.  Two of which are mine and three which belong to others. 
I started homeschooling with my oldest son whom I had to remove from the failing public school system in the sixth grade. I home-schooled him through until graduation.  He was so motivated by being able to control some of his own learning that he worked very hard through the summers and through his breaks so that he could graduate early and begin college at 16.  I don't recommend this for all students, but, in his mind this was the best route to take.  Coincidentally, he still studies some new technology every night at home, with a vengeance!  Empower your kids, they will go far.

visit our home-school ministry at www.freedomchurchschool.com 

It was so obvious to everyone around us (by my first childs knowledge and scholastic achievments) that we were doing something correctly at our house when it came to school.  That's when people began asking me to help their children with math and english and eventually homeschooling their kids full time.

But first, our youngest bundle of joy was born.  He bounced out of the womb homeschooling.  He learned how to use the computer at two years old, and was reading by the time he was four.  My kids are not geniuses by any stretch of the imagination, but, if you learn to remove the time-waisting elements of your childs education, you can easily get ahead by focusing on what is really important.
So my four year old could read phonetically, not by pictures, and was in Kindergarten for all arguments sake.  Now, he just turned 8, yesterday infact, and has already worked through a good portion of his 5th grade math book.  I'll talk more about this another couple of times because there is a lot to be said about grade levels and math, especially for homeschoolers.

(Mental note-tell everyone about Math.  If I don't do it this way, it'll never get done.)

By the way, I am not a blogger, have never had a blog and really had no desire until the other day when I realized that people are ringing my telephone off the hook to try to get help homeschooling.

So here we are together.  I am hoping to help someone.....without answering my telephone...tee hee.


No comments:

Post a Comment